Club History

Tumut Rifle Club cira 1903

Tumut Rifle Club was founded in 1900 in the Tumut region, by a group of like minded well dress gentlemen of the day.

In 1903 the club relocated to it’s present location, at the Tumut Rifle Range. This range is a 1,000 yard range, approved for shooting rim fire and centre fire rifles, of up to 8mm in calibre.

From the early days of service rifle shooting, the club have grown to provide members with the facilities to undertake shooting of various disciplines such as full bore, to the newer options such as F Class shooting with optical sights.